ObiBooks Acceptable Use Policy
Last Revised Nov. 11, 2015
- 1. Posted Content
Please choose carefully the information that you post on, through or in connection with ObiBooks and that you provide to other Users. Your listings and profile may not include any form
of Prohibited Content, as outlined in Section 3 below. Despite this prohibition, information, materials, products or services provided by other Members (for instance, in their profiles)
may, in whole or in part, be unauthorized, impermissible or otherwise violate this Agreement, and ObiBooks assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. If you become aware of
misuse of ObiBooks by any person, please click on the "Contact Us" or the "Report Abuse" link at the bottom of the site pages.
We may reject, refuse to post, or delete any Content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to, Content that in the sole judgment of ObiBooks violates this policy
or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of any person or entity, or harm or threaten the safety of any person or entity. ObiBooks assumes no responsibility
for monitoring Portal services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time we choose, in our sole discretion, to monitor ObiBooks, we nonetheless assume no responsibility
for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on, through or in connection with any of ObiBooks services, and any material or information that you transmit to other
Members and for your interactions with other Users.
- 2. Permitted Items
The following items may be listed on ObiBooks, subject to the limitations in
sections 3 and 4 below.
- Comic Books
- Audio Books
- Sheet music
- Maps and charts
- E-books on virtual media (delivered to the buyer over the internet)
- E-books on physical media (disc, flash, etc)
Self-published and self-bound books are permitted and welcome on ObiBooks.
- 3. Prohibited Items
The following items may not be listed on ObiBooks.
- Items not specifically named in section 2.
- Hate literature, as defined in the Criminal Code of Canada and subject to the exemptions therein.
- Illegal pornography, including any form of child pornography
- Stolen items, including library books that have not been retired by the library
- Counterfeits, illegally reproduced copies, unauthorized reprints, or any other item that is a violation of copyright.
- Items in "poor" condition, as defined in our Grading System
- Items containing mould or other pathogens
- Items containing human body parts or remains; hair, skin, teeth, bones, organs, crematory ashes, preserved relics, etc.
- Items containing body fluids of any kind
- Items in digital media containing viruses, spyware, or other malware.
- 4. Content/Activity Prohibited
This policy distinguishes listed items from other content such as listing data, reviews, private communication, and forum posts. This section pertains to content that you post on
ObiBooks but not to the content of listed items themselves. In this way, for example, it is acceptable to post a listing for a sexually explicit novels, but not acceptable to include
explicit excerpts from the novel in the listing body.
The following are examples of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on, through or in connection with ObiBooks. We reserve the right to investigate and take
appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates this provision, including, without limitation, removing the offending Content from ObiBooks,
terminating the Membership of such violators and/or reporting such Content or activities to law enforcement authorities.
Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in our sole discretion:
- is patently offensive or promotes or otherwise incites racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits or is designed to solicit personal information from anyone under 18;
- publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing
information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, or "spamming";
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying
illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits or is designed to solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales other than the sale of permitted items;
- includes a photograph or video of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or
- violates or attempts to violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.