Last Revised Nov. 11, 2015
Collection of Personal Information
ObiBooks collects personal information in a number of circumstances. For example, when you visit ObiBooks, we may collect personal information from you such as name,
e-mail address, location, and information required for participation in other interactive online activities. We may collect personal information with your consent or
as required or permitted by law.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
ObiBooks will not disclose personal information to any outside party except as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit and security requirements, with your
consent, or as permitted or required by law.
We use personal information for: maintaining records for reasonable periods, and generally managing and administering our activities; meeting legal, regulatory, insurance,
security and processing requirements; and otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
ObiBooks performs technical functions necessary to offer the Service, including, but not limited to, the technical processing and transmission of email communications
to perform email service, and transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout ObiBooks. In addition, you agree and acknowledge that we may send
messages including, but not limited to, notifications, reminders, and promotions in connection with ObiBooks.
Please direct questions on our personal information sharing practices or the choices you have with regard to your data, to email@example.com.
From time to time, ObiBooks may place a "cookie" on your computer. A cookie is a file written to your computer's hard drive that records certain technical information about
your Internet usage, such as connection information and information pertaining to your logged-in session. You may set your Internet browser preferences to notify you when you
receive a cookie or decline acceptance of cookies. If you decline acceptance of cookies, however, you may experience less than optimal performance of ObiBooks.
We have adopted reasonable security measures, appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss or destruction of
personal information. These measures may include technological, physical and organizational methods of security.
- PIPEDA Compliance Statement
Notwithstanding any of the above, your personal information is protected by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
PIPEDA gives you:
- The right to know why we collect, use or disclose your personal information.
- The right to expect ObiBooks to collect, use or disclose your personal information reasonably and appropriately, and not use the information for any purpose
other than that to which you have consented.
- The right to know who is responsible for protecting your personal information.
- The right to expect ObiBooks to protect your personal information by taking appropriate security measures.
- The right to expect the personal information ObiBooks holds about you to be accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- The right to obtain access to your personal information and ask for corrections if necessary.
- The right to complain about how ObiBooks handles your personal information if you feel that your privacy rights have not been respected.
PIPEDA requires ObiBooks to:
- Obtain consent when we collect, use or disclose your personal information.
- Provide you with service even if you refuse consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information unless that information is essential to the
- Collect information by fair and lawful means.
- Have personal information policies that are clear, understandable and readily available.